Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fear #2 of Art Department: Getting Hurt

Cause Polar Bears Can Read

It's easy to get hurt when working around a lot of power tools, knives, or being up on ladders, ect. It doesn't help that I am klutzy as it is. I've dropped antiques, tripped over cords and lights, fallen down over a rolled up carpet, fallen off ladders, fallen down stairs and up, and cut myself multiple times, but thank goodness I haven't broken anything that would take me out of work because in my really below-the-line world, there is no union workman's comp. or disability. When I'm injured and immobile, then they get someone else; I don't get paid. That's why I try to be extremely careful. I freaked myself out when I fell down on top a spade that I was holding and injured my neck, leaving me immobile for a good couple of days. Thank goodness I was not working at the time and had taken the time off for a reason. But in a world where my eyesight, legs and arms are worth gold, I proceed with caution!

No comments:

Post a Comment